Updates on World Forum on Theology and Liberation (WFTL)
On June 1, 2021, we elected a new executive committee:
- Kochurani Abraham Karippaparampil (Kerala, India, Asia)
- Wairimu Beatrice Churu (Nairobi, Kenya, Africa)
- Denise Couture (Montréal, Canada, North America)
- Jesus Alejandro Ortiz Cotte (Puebla, Mexico, Latin America)
- Jean-François Roussel (Montréal, Canada, North America)
On September 9, 2021, Rufus Burnett (Fordham University), who is one of the CTSA liaisons to the WFTL, joined the Methodological Committee.
In November 2021, WFTL released a new Spanish text entitled The World Will Never Be the Same: Liberation Theologies in Times of Pandemic. These essays emerge from the gathering of the World Forum on Theology and Liberation (WFTL) in 2020/2021.
On Dec.10, 2021, members of the World Forum on Theology and Liberation (WFTL) met to plan our next hybrid gathering to be held in the city of Puebla, Mexico, April 28–29, 2022, which precedes the World Social Forum that will take place in Mexico City, 1–8 May 2022. The Call for Papers will be given in a second post.
- Jaisy Joseph